Friday, September 28, 2007

Playoffs!

The Diamondbacks are going to the playoffs! And so am I! I can admit it now. I bought tickets a few days ago, before anybody even knew that the D'backs would be playing next week. Woo hoo! I have to give props to the entire team. They have really had some amazing plays and efforts all season. I do recall saying as early as Spring Training that the Diamondbacks and Rockies would be fun to watch, and they certainly have been. It's amazing to invest 162 games -- 6 months -- in a team, and then have it pay off, and the season continue. There is nothing like being at a game and cheering for your team. The first time I really felt that was way back when my Seattle Supersonics basketball team clinched their first playoff birth. Don't ask me the year, but it was a LONG time ago, and I was at the game with my brother, and the Sonics beat their rivals, the Portland Trailblazers, to make the playoffs for the first time. What a rush to be with 14,000+ people all cheering for their team. It's really a catharsis -- a release for all the emotions from daily life. The funnest baseball game I've ever attended was Game 1 of the 2001 playoffs in Phoenix. My sweetie & I sat in the Infiniti Level at "BOB" (as it was known then) and watched Curt Schilling of the D'backs outpitch Matt Morris of the Cardinals in a gem of a game. Who knew then that the Diamondbacks would go on to win the World Series over the New York Yankees, after the events of 9/11. Who says sports aren't important?

No comments: