Thursday, September 20, 2007

Impoliteness

Before I started this blog, my sweetie had suggested that I should start one, mainly as a vehicle for getting some of the more negative thoughts out of my system. Apparently he doesn't want to be the only audience for my rants. I think I'm a generally positive person, and my intent is not to subject any readers to negativity. But I just have to get this off my chest. It has recently been noted that the world has become less polite than it used to be. Here's an example. Some people seem to think that it has become acceptable to use shopping carts as trash cans. What are people thinking when they throw their garbage into a cart? It used to be that selecting a shopping cart at the grocery store or Target just meant finding one without wobbles and squeaks. Now I also reject the ones that have other peoples' trash in them. I guess I could help by cleaning them out, but eeew. So the poor store employees have to pick up after all the thoughtless slobs. That probably isn't even specified in their job descriptions. Of course, plenty of the store employees don't want to deal with icky garbage any more than I do, and they just bring in the carts from wherever they've been left all over the parking lot, and leave the trash where it is. I can't really blame them.

No comments: