Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tucson

I have always been proud to be a native of Tucson, Arizona. I love the mountains, desert, sunshine, quail, saguaros, sunsets, monsoons, U of A basketball, Sabino Canyon, and all my family and friends here. All of us in Tucson have been experiencing indescribable pain since Saturday. We hate having Tucson in the news because of a devastating tragedy. But it is reaffirming that heroes and goodness shine through in dark times. The inspiring stories that we've heard in the last few days reflect well on Tucson, Arizona, the USA, and humanity.

2 comments:

DMC Friend said...

It was not the city or area that caused the tragedy, but an untreated deranged person who could have been anywhere. /it's not about Tucson.

Cleat said...

This did hit me a bit hard as well... for many reasons, but I have to say that the citizenry reacted well for the most part and it could have been anywhere. I felt greatly saddened for the people killed/injured and very upset about the clearly deranged person who was the proximate cause however. Lee's correct though it was about something other than Tucson.