Thursday, August 26, 2010

Connectivity

OK, I admit it. Mr. Beisbolfan & I are geeks. We really enjoy gadgets. Between us, we use, on a daily basis, 3 laptops, an iPad, a Blackberry, and an iPod touch. And two regular (non-smart) cellphones, numerous televisons, DVRs, XM radios, etc. We've come to rely on being connected to everything, any time, all the time. But now that I have multiple devices from which to access e-mail, social media, etc., each time I pick up one of them, it demands my attention for everything. You have a new facebook message! But I read that 6 hours ago on my computer. You have 43 new e-mails! But I deleted 41 of them already -- they're junk. Attention, all you hackers, identity thieves, and other cybercriminals who are trolling blogs, facebook, etc. trying to make a quick buck. Please develop an app / add-on / program / something that I can install to let all my electronic devices know that I've already checked my e-mail, facebook, etc. I'd probably pay money for it. C'mon, you computer geniuses!

1 comment:

Lee said...

What a novel idea! Something to actually make all of these devices smarter and less likely to just suck up more of your time. But wait, some of these sites have advertising content and you may see some push back against spending less time on line from those interests.